I AM Because He Is!

>> Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sunday's sermon began a new series in the book of John. Our preacher challenged us to read the book from beginning to end once a week for the rest of the summer while he preaches from the text.

Jesus defined Himself in these seven ways:

I am the Bread of Life. (John 6:35)

I am the Light of the World. (John 8:12)

I am the Gate. (John 10:9)

I am the Good Shepherd. (John 10:11)

I am the Resurrection and the Life. (John 11:25)

I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)

I am the Vine. (John 15:5)

Because of who Jesus is, I have a much different way that I can describe myself than someone who doesn't have a relationship with Him.

I am a child of God.
I am a daughter of the King.
I am saved.
I am free.
I am Spirit-filled, water/fire baptized.
I am loved.
I am because He is!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP